Sunday, August 28, 2011

Packing + BBQ

Sadly, it's almost the end of the weekend and the start of my abnormally busy week. This week, I am working my normal 40 hours, plus moving. By next Saturday evening, we will be moved into our new home and surrounded by boxes there instead of here.

I'm excited about the move, but not looking forward to the business of the week. It's going to be crazy how much stuff we have to do. I'm really hoping my eating doesn't get pushed aside. If I end up in the McDonald's drive-through I'm going to be upset! We tried to plan out having some healthy options. I still went grocery shopping, but we kept it to a minimum. I bought my yogurt and granola and nugo bars for breakfast options, frozen meals and sandwich stuff for lunch, and dinner will most likely be easy options like grilled chicken sandwiches. We might eat out a few times though, but hopefully I can keep it together.

Today was a challenge, too. I went to DH's families for a BBQ. I had started off my day knowing I would probably overeat tonight, so had a light morning.



Breakfast:
grape flavoring for water - 20 calories
nugo bar - 170 calories

Lunch:
steak stir-fry with a cup of veggies - 529 calories

Dinner:
two hot dogs with 1 bun cut to be used for both - 275
very small serving of baked beans - 191 calories
half a brownie - 112 calories

Snacks:
cheetoes - 160 calories
white wine - 249 calories
grape water flavoring - 10 calories

Total for the day: 1835

Exercise - packed for quite a few hours. 

I'm quite happy with that total. I had to do some sneaking around at the BBQ. People kept asking me if I wanted more, and I was actually forced to take a hamburger by my mother-in-law when I already had hot dogs, so I had one bite, then fed some to the dog. The dog was well fed, and I kept "mostly" within my calorie range.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week indeed. I know how tempting that McDonalds drive-thru is. With two kids, it is my biggest downfall when I have a busy day of running errands. But it sounds like you have a game plan and if you just take it day by day, I'm sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is tempting, haha. It's just so quick and easy, but can be so incredibly bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I read that getting a single cheeseburger and their side salad with one of their vinaigrette is actually under 400 calories. Probably not the healthiest meal you could choose, but if you find yourself caught in that line, it's a useful tidbit to know.

    ReplyDelete