Sunday, August 21, 2011

Start of my journey

About a month ago I started my journey for weight-loss. I have been down this road before and always do well for awhile, but then start to falter. However, my husband and I want to start a family in the next few years, and there’s so many risks in going into a pregnancy severely overweight. I really want to overcome this and be healthy. Not to mention, it’s going to be hard running around after little ones at my current weight. I also suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so that is also a stumbling block for me. I know that my life could be much easier if I lost the weight. I really just want to stick with it this time and am hoping with my husband’s support, I can!

Start weight: 258.4
Current weight: 253.8
Realistic goal weight: 140

Goals:
1. To post about my journey once a week.
2. To record my calorie count and weight every single day to keep myself on target.
3. To move more, no matter how small the movement.
4. To be positive throughout this journey, even on the hard days.
5. To be honest about the good and the bad of this process.

I have finally realized that the small changes, will add up to success over time. I didn’t put this weight on overnight, so I can’t expect it to come off overnight. I need to be patient with myself and understand that I will fall down. But like Oliver Goldsmith said, “success is getting up just one more time than you fall”.

No comments:

Post a Comment